The Data Science Institute (DSI) has a longstanding focus on research in the development and use of knowledge graphs, originating out of groundbreaking work on the Semantic Web and Linked Data at DSI’s forerunner, the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI).
At its core, our focus is on data-driven knowledge graph development, maintenance and use. Current research in knowledge graphs at DSI has a focus on the following directions:
- knowledge graph extraction from text with Saffron
- linguistic knowledge graphs such as the Polylingual WordNet and the Linguistic Linked Open Data Cloud, building on the OntoLex W3C format that was also developed at DSI
- (multilingual) data linking for knowledge graph integration with NAISC
- Linked Open Data
- biomedical knowledge graph completion - Clarify
- enterprise knowledge graphs, in collaboration with large enterprises such as Fidelity and Huawei
Our research on knowledge graphs is supported by Science Foundation Ireland as part of its funding for the Insight SFI Research Centre for Data Analytics and the SFI Centre for Research Training in AI, as well as through funding from Enterprise Ireland and the EU.