Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Joint Conference of ISEH ICEPH & ISEG on Environment and Health
ISEH: International Symposium on Environment and Health
ICEPH: International Conference on Environmental Pollution and Health
ISEG: International Symposium on Environmental Geochemistry
August 11-18, 2024
Environment, Health, GIS and Agriculture in the Big Data Era
Abstract Submission is Open
We are accepting abstracts now. Follow the instructions on "Abstract Submission" page to submit your abstract.
Deadline: Juanuary 15, 2024
The Joint Conference of ISEH (International Symposium on Environment and Health), ICEPH (International Conference on Environmental Pollution and Health) and ISEG (Environmental Symposium on Environmental Geochemistry) will be held in Galway, Ireland. The conference was originally planned in 2020. Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, it is postponed until August 11-18, 2024. The format of this conference is in-person!
The conference series of ISEH, ICEPH and ISEG provide internationally leading platforms for interaction between scientists, consultants, and public servants engaged in the multi-disciplinary areas of environment and health. With the fast economic development, the importance of environment and health is increasingly recognized in the world. There is a growing demand for international experts to work together on this emerging topic of common interest. Meanwhile, in the big data era, we are facing new challenges and opportunities. This conference provides a timely opportunity for a direct communication between international experts, and helps to foster and develop international collaborations.
Galway is recognized as “2020 European Capital of Culture”. Located in the west of Ireland, Galway is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe and attracts more than 1 million international tourists annually. It is easily accessible, with frequent train connections with Dublin and frequent direct bus connections with Dublin Airport and Shannon Airport.
The conference venue is the campus of University of Galway, within walking distance of Galway’s city centre.
This conference is directly linked to the following SDGs the United Nations: Goal 3: Health; Goal 4: Education; Goal 6: Water and Sanitation; Goal 8: Economic Growth; Goal 9: Infrastructure, industrialization; Goal 11: Cities; Goal 12: Sustainable consumption and production; Goal 13: Climate Action; Goal 14: Oceans; Goal 15: Biodiversity, forests, desertification; Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals.
- University of Galway
- Jinan University
- The Geographical Society of China
(In alphabetic order)
- Asia Resilience Center
- Beibu Gulf University
- Central South University of Forestry & Technology
- Centre for One Health, University of Galway
- Chengdu Technological University
- Chinese-European Society for Environment, Ecology & Sustainability (CESEES)
- EuroGeoSurveys Geochemistry Expert Group
- Geological Survey Ireland
- Guangdong University of Technology
- Guangzhou University
- Guizhou Medical University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Henan University
- IHE Delft, the Netherlands
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- Institute of Eco-environmental and Soil Sciences, Guangdong Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS
- Institute of Urban Environment, CAS
- International Environmental and Health Science Consortium (IEHSC)
- International Medical Geology Association (IMGA)
- Ireland Brownfield Network
- IUGS Commission on Global Geochemical Baselines
- Nanjing Agricultural University
- Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology, CAS
- Nankai University
- NHC Key Laboratory of Reproductive Health
- Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources, CAS
- Peking University
- Ryan Institute, University of Galway
- South China University of Technology
- Southwest Key Laboratory of Land Resources Evaluation and Monitoring, SICNU
- The Committee on Environment and Reproductive Health, CEMS
- UNESCO International Center on Global-Scale Geochemistry
- Xiamen University
- Xi’an University of Technology
- Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research, CAS
ISEH conference history (Once every two years):
- 1st ISEH conference: SESEH (Sino-European Symposium on Environment and Health) 2012, Galway
- 2nd ISEH conference: ISEH 2014, Beijing
- 3rd ISEH conference: ISEH 2016, Galway
- 4th ISEH conference: ISEH 2018, Shanghai
- 5th ISEH conference: ISEH 2024, Galway (This conference)
ICEPH conference history (Annual conference):
- 1st ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2015, Guangzhou
- 2nd ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2016, Guangzhou
- 3rd ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2017, Guangzhou
- 4th ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2018, Tianjin
- 5th ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2019, Harbin
- 6th ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2021, Guangzhou
- 7th ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2023, Xi'an
- 8th ICEPH conference: ICEPH 2024, Galway (this conference)
ISEG conference history (once every three years):
- 1985, the 1st ISEG, Kuopio, Finland
- 1991, the 2nd ISEG, Uppsala, Sweden
- 1994, the 3rd ISEG, Krakow, Poland
- 1997, the 4th ISEG, Vail, Colorado, USA
- 2000, the 5th ISEG, Cape Town, South Africa
- 2003, the 6th ISEG, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2006, the 7th ISEG, Beijing, China
- 2009, the 8th ISEG, Ouro Preto, Brazil
- 2012, the 9th ISEG, Aveiro, Portugal
- 2016, the 10th ISEG, Galway, Ireland
- 2019, the 11th ISEG, Beijing, China
- 2024, the 12th ISEG, Galway, Ireland (this conference)