Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Student Services offer a range of services. Please visit the relevant webpages (below) for details or browse our Student FAQs
Current registered full-time Mature Students
- Coffee with Mature Students Officer - an email will be sent weekly regarding coffee times with your Mature Students Officer (MSO) - Kathleen Hartigan
- Appointments can be scheduled with your MSO, please email Kathleen at firstname.lastname@example.org
HEAR / Access / FE Undergraduates
Please contact us with any concerns,
- Access and FE undergraduates, please email: email@example.com
- HEAR Undergraduates, please email: HEAR@nuigalway.ie
Staff are back on campus to assist and support students and prospective students where possible. If you need to contact a member of staff in the Access Centre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diploma in Foundation Studies Students SFD1 & SFD8
- Details of coffee times will be put up on Blackboard and emailed to all Mature Registered Students.
Queries from Prospective Mature Students interested in Full-time Undergraduate Study
- Please email email@example.com for an appointment or email for advice and information on applying for a full-time degree as a Mature Student. Mature Students Guide and Entrance assessment information at www.nuigalway.ie/mature
- Open Day October 7th & 8th Details at: www.nuigalway.ie/opendays
- Public Mature Students Information Evening will be held in January 2023. Details at www.nuigalway.ie/mature/public-events
- The Accommodation and Welfare team assist you to find advice and support on accommodation and financial matters.
- To contact us in Accommodation and Welfare please click here.
- We are available from Monday – Friday (10.00 – 16.00)
The Career Development Centre aim to provide a quality career guidance and information service focused on facilitating and empowering you to manage your own career development and make effective career transition
- If you are a student (not on placement) log a query on Careers Connect and one of the team will get back to you http://www.nuigalway.ie/career-development-centre/careersconnect/
- If you are a student on placement email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org and your Placement Officer will respond
- If you are an employer email email@example.com and a team member will get back to you.
For all general queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chaplaincy service offers pastoral care, welfare support and spiritual guidance to the students and staff of NUI Galway.
- The Chaplaincy Service is available to support students and staff remotely during normal working hours and outside of working hours, when required. The Chaplaincy Office on 6 Distillery Road is closed at present. However, we are available to continue to meet students to deal with an urgent or emergency situation. We can be contacted as follows:
Fr Ben Hughes, Chaplain
T: 087 203 7538
Jimmy McGovern, Seas Suas Manager
T: 083 062 6898
- You can consult with a member of the NUI Galway counselling service for any issue. We provide skilled listeners who have experience dealing with all the challenges students encounter
- NUI Galway Student Counselling is continuing to operate, remotely online or by phone. For all current users of the Student Counselling Service we are continuing to offer counselling online.
- For enquiries or to set up an online/phone assessment please email: email@example.com
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, you can email your Disability Advisor (as detailed on your LENS report)
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, and you require assistive technology support, you can email your Assistive Technology Officer
• If you are a student who wishes to register with the Disability Support Service, you can complete our online registration form
• For all other disability support related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there may be delays in responding to emails, as we are receiving a high volume of emails at present. However, we will do all that we can to keep such delays to a minimum.
SocsBox Virtual Help Desk Monday – Thursday, 2pm - 5pm & 6pm - 8pm at https://bit.ly/3cCWc2B
All society activity on campus is suspended until Áras na Mac Léinn reopens. However, Societies are running virtual events. The SocsBox is contactable by email:
Áras na Mac Léinn rooms, The Hub and Hub Central are currently closed.
- You can join Societies by logging into your student account on yourspace.nuigalway.ie
- Society banking online will be facilitated remotely. Society information will be on www.socs.nuigalway.ie.
- www.nuigstudents.ie will be updated regularly with news on extracurricular activities.
- Students are not permitted to enter the Student Health Unit at present without first contacting the practice.
- Arrange an appointment online now via this online form.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, please read the advice HERE.
- This service is monitored from Monday to Friday ONLY. For Urgent queries please phone (091) 492604.
The Safe Campus initiative is designed to raise awareness about maintaining a safe campus and raising awareness of personal safety wherever we are.
NUI Galway are leading a national conversation on sexual consent training. Students are welcome to participate in research, workshops and engage with a fantastic programme that is helping to transform our relationships.
NUI Galway have designed the ultimate First Year quiz.