Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
How to Apply
You can apply for our Adult Learning and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses online through the University of Galway Applications System.
- Check out the entry requirements for your course. These are listed under the Key Facts tab on the individual course webpages.
- Check out the closing date for the course. The closing dates for each course vary but are typically from mid-July to late August each academic year. Check the closing date specified on the course page and make sure that you adhere to this deadline.
- Have all your Supporting Documents ready to upload with your application. You will be requested to submit these throughout your application process.
- Go to the University of Galway Applications System and create an account. You will need an active email account to create an account and to use the application system. You will be guided through the system, step by step, until you complete the online form.
- Ensure to select Adult Learning Undergraduate/Postgraduate, CPD, Micro-credentials & Summer School Applications.
NB: To select your course you will be asked to indicate the following information which can be found on our website or prospectus:
Academic Level (i.e. Diploma)
College/Interest Type (i.e. Adult Learning & CPD Courses)
Programme/Course (i.e. French (Diploma) – FR)
Academic Term (i.e. Autumn 2023)
Applicants wishing to select a modular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course should select the Academic Level of Standalone Module - CPD - Micro-credentials) and then create a new application.
- Ensure to select Adult Learning Undergraduate/Postgraduate, CPD, Micro-credentials & Summer School Applications
- Read carefully and answer all the application questions correctly.
- When answering the funding question, ensure to choose Yes or No, selecting Yes means that you are being fully funded by your employer/sponsor and will be required to provide proof of this funding. Choosing No means, you will be personally funding the course.
- Ensure to submit your application and pay the application fee of €35.00 (if applicable).
- Upload a copy of all official documents into the relevant sections in the tab called Upload Supporting Documents Page. This section will only become visible once you have ‘submitted’ your application. Once all the documents are uploaded, your application status should change to ‘completed’.
- Ensure you get a confirmation email to notify you that your application is complete when you upload all mandatory documentation. When you log into the portal, the status on your application should read ‘completed’.
The process of assessing applications and offering places may take up to four weeks and you are advised to regularly check the email address used for correspondence as all course communication will be sent to you at this email address.
BEST OF LUCK!
How to Accept or Decline an offer of a place?
Congratulations, you have been made an offer for your part-time course via the online application system. If you intend to accept/decline the offer, please read the information below.
To accept or decline a firm offer of your place, you will be required to:
- Please confirm acceptance/non-acceptance of the offer via the online application system by clicking ACCEPT or DECLINE in the relevant section.
- Secure your course place by paying online a deposit of €500 by the response deadline as specified in your online account – this deposit is offset against the full fee payment. If you are not in a position to pay the deposit within the ACCEPT period, please contact the course administrator for your course who will advise you on the next steps.
To accept or decline a conditional offer - funded place, you will be required to:
- Please confirm acceptance/non-acceptance of the offer via the online system by clicking ACCEPT or DECLINE in the relevant section.
- To secure your course place when you are funded you must upload in the Supporting Documentation section evidence of this proof of funding by your employer/sponsor within the specified timeframe.
Additional registration details and communication from the relevant department will be issued to all applicants approximately two weeks before the course commences, informing you of the orientation arrangements, registration date, and lecture times for your chosen course.
What do I do if I have a problem with my application?
If you have an issue with your application, contact the course administrator for your chosen part-time course (listed in our prospectus or website) and they will be able to advise you.