Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Repeat Exam Fee
Repeat Exam Fee
The repeat exam fee of €295 is applied to your student record on the advice of the Examinations Office after the release of first sitting results. See here for details.
The EU repeat fee in 2022/23 is €1,890. The NON EU repeat fee in 2022/23 is €4,840.
You can pay your Autumn 2022 repeat exam fee of €295 online now here. It can be prepaid before the liability is applied to your student record. The pay fees link also appears on the Courses tab within your CASS account.
The repeat exam fee (€295) is applied to your student record onthe advice of the Examiniation Office, you will be able to see it via your CASS account.
A communication will be issued by the Fees Office to all students who are liable for the fee as soon as the fee is applied.
The repeat exam fee (€295) is payable now. The Fees Office will provide refunds to those who pay in advance but subsequently receive an exemption / deferral.
The fee will remain on your record as outstanding and due for payment until such time that it is paid. If you have not yet paid the fee by the time of your graduation you will be unable to graduate with your class (final payment date for winter conferring - to be confirmed).
A repeat exam fee (€295) has been applied to your student record following results from our Exams Office. If you are repeating a written exam, assessment (incl. remote/alternative), assignment or coursework, you are liable to pay the repeat examination fee.
You may still sit the Repeat Exams.
You may still sit the Repeat Exams. However, the fee will remain on your record as outstanding and due for payment until such time that it is paid. If you have not yet paid the fee by the time of your graduation, this will not take place and you will be unable to graduate with your class.
A Repeat Exam Fee Waiver has already been applied to those students who have been assessed to be the most in need of financial support. Students who were eligible for Financial Aid Funds in 2021/22 academic year and students who were awarded the SUSI Special Rate in 2021/22 will have the Exam Fee Reversed.
If you have any queries in relation to these please contact Student Services directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Students who were awarded the “SUSI Special Rate” in 2021/22 can have the Exam Fee Reversed. You must submit a copy (scan or good quality photo) of your letter of award HERE (closing 05th Aug); this must state that you are a recipient of the "Special Rate". SUSI would have sent a hardcopy of this letter to you for your records. A copy is also still accessible when you login to your SUSI account (under the "My Letters" tab). SUSI can also provide this by contacting the SUSI service desk.
If you were not awarded the SUSI Special Rate in 2021/22 please do not upload a document or submit an application
There are a range of supports available to NUI Galway students at present. These include:
- The Career Development Centre aims to provide a quality career guidance and information service focused on facilitating and empowering you to manage your own career development and make effective career transition.
- The Chaplaincy service offers pastoral care, welfare support and spiritual guidance to the students and staff of NUI Galway.
- You can consult with a member of the NUI Galway Counselling service for any issue. We provide skilled listeners who have experience dealing with all the challenges students encounter
- The Disability Support Service and the Student Health Unit are also available to assist you as required.
- Guidance from Accommodation and Welfare is available on accommodation and financial matters. The Financial Aid Funds are operated by professional services providing financial supports to students experiencing short or long-term financial difficulties. Students deemed eligible for Financial Aid Funding in the academic year 2021-22 will be considered eligible for the repeat exam fee waiver.
- The Hardship Emergency Fund supports EU (including UK) Students who have had a significant life changing experience within the last 12 months that has impacted on their financial plan for attending University, while
- The Means Tested Fund assists Irish and EU Students with a gross family income less than €39,875.
If your results included a Deferral for a module, then the repeat exam fee would not apply. If you have a Deferral for a first sitting exam please consult with your College Office to determine if your deferral application was approved.
If your results were updated e.g. following a successful appeal, and you no longer have to repeat any form of assessment / assignment / coursework, then the repeat exam fee will be removed from your record.
I have outstanding fees and can't access my exams results, who can tell me if I have to repeat exams or not?
Nobody. You have to assume that you may be repeating exams. The Autumn (repeat) timetable is released online, see here for more information on exam timetables.
The Fees Office is located on the ground floor of Áras Uí Chathail.
10:00 to 12:30
14:00 to 16:00
Please read the FAQ sections of the web page and if you cannot find an answer to your query please email including your 8 digit CAO / University of Galway student ID number.
Please note we are dealing with very high volumes of queries.
Telephone: +353 91 492386.