Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Student Services offer a range of services. Please visit the relevant webpages (below) for details or browse our Student FAQs
Current registered full-time Mature Students
- Coffee with Mature Students Officer - an email will be sent weekly regarding coffee times with your Mature Students Officer (MSO) - Kathleen Hartigan
- Appointments can be scheduled with your MSO, please email Kathleen at email@example.com
HEAR / Access / FE Undergraduates
Please contact us with any concerns,
- Access and FE undergraduates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEAR Undergraduates, please email: HEAR@nuigalway.ie
Staff are back on campus to assist and support students and prospective students where possible. If you need to contact a member of staff in the Access Centre, please email email@example.com
Diploma in Foundation Studies Students SFD1 & SFD8
- Details of coffee times will be put up on Blackboard and emailed to all Mature Registered Students.
Queries from Prospective Mature Students interested in Full-time Undergraduate Study
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment or email for advice and information on applying for a full-time degree as a Mature Student. Mature Students Guide and Entrance assessment information at www.nuigalway.ie/mature
- Open Day October 7th & 8th Details at: www.nuigalway.ie/opendays
- Public Mature Students Information Evening will be held in January 2023. Details at www.nuigalway.ie/mature/public-events
- The Accommodation Advisory team assist you to find advice and support on accommodation and financial matters.
- To contact us, please click here.
- We are available from Monday – Friday (10.00 – 16.00)
The Career Development Centre aim to provide a quality career guidance and information service focused on facilitating and empowering you to manage your own career development and make effective career transition
- If you are a student (not on placement) log a query on Careers Connect and one of the team will get back to you http://www.nuigalway.ie/career-development-centre/careersconnect/
- If you are a student on placement email your query to email@example.com and your Placement Officer will respond
- If you are an employer email firstname.lastname@example.org and a team member will get back to you.
For all general queries email email@example.com
- The Chaplaincy service offers pastoral care, welfare support and spiritual guidance to the students and staff of NUI Galway.
- The Chaplaincy Service is available to support students and staff during normal working hours and outside of working hours, when required. We can be contacted as follows:
Fr Ben Hughes, Chaplain
T: 091 492168
Jimmy McGovern, Seas Suas Manager
T: 091 492164
- You can consult with a member of the NUI Galway counselling service for any issue. We provide skilled listeners who have experience dealing with all the challenges students encounter
- NUI Galway Student Counselling is continuing to operate, remotely online or by phone. For all current users of the Student Counselling Service we are continuing to offer counselling online.
- For enquiries or to set up an online/phone assessment please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are a student who who has already completed your application for reasonable accommodations with the Disability Support Service, you can email your Disability Advisor (as detailed on your LENS report).
• If you are a student who has already completed your application for reasonable accommodations with the Disability Support Service, and you require assistive technology support, you can email your Assistive Technology Officer.
• If you are a student who wishes to apply to the Disability Support Service for reasonable accommodations, you can complete our online registration form.
• For all other disability support related queries, please email email@example.com. Please note that there may be delays in responding to emails, as we are receiving a high volume of emails at present. However, we will do all that we can to keep such delays to a minimum.
SocsBox,Áras na Mac Leinn is open Monday – Thursday 10am - 8p and Fridays 10am - 5pm.
You can find out all about societies on socs.universityofgalway.ie
- You can join Societies by logging into your student account on yourspace.universityofgalway.ie or attending any of the Society Days.
- Student Health Unit
- Students are not permitted to enter the Student Health Unit at present without first contacting the practice.
- Arrange an appointment online now via this online form.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, please read the advice HERE.
- This service is monitored from Monday to Friday ONLY. For Urgent queries please phone (091) 492604.
The Safe Campus initiative is designed to raise awareness about maintaining a safe campus and raising awareness of personal safety wherever we are.
NUI Galway are leading a national conversation on sexual consent training. Students are welcome to participate in research, workshops and engage with a fantastic programme that is helping to transform our relationships.
NUI Galway have designed the ultimate First Year quiz.
Speak Out is an online anonymous reporting tool available to all students and staff to disclose incidents of bullying, cyberbullying, harassment, discrimination, hate crime, coercive behaviour/ control, stalking, assault, sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape.
The Speak Out tool is available at https://unigalway.speakout.ie/
It is important to remember that as the Speak Out reporting tool is completely anonymous, there is no way of identifying or contacting any member of the university community who uses the tool.
Should you wish to report an incident formally please visit
Security Services is located at No. 14 Distillery Road in the centre of the campus. The control centre is open 24/7 with security on patrol round the clock.
You can contact the Security Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org but we would always urge people to call us on 091 493333 (Ext.3333) in emergency situations.
For emergencies - Ambulance/Fire/Gardaí: telephone 999/112