Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
Alumni & Friends
Alumni & Friends
There are 128,000 University of Galway alumni worldwide. Stay connected to your alumni community! Join our social networks and update your details online.
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Contact Student Services & Supports
Academic Writing Centre:
Current registered full-time Mature Students:
- Mature students Coffee mornings with the Mature Student Officer (MSO) take place on Wednesdays from 10.30 am in the Bialann, Orange seating beside the Coffee shop; Email reminders will be sent over the summer months to all registered mature students early in the week, on weeks that MSO is available.
- Appointments can be scheduled with the Mature Students Officer, please email email@example.com if you would like an appointment.
HEAR / Access / FE Undergraduates
- Access and FE undergraduates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEAR Undergraduates, please email: HEAR@nuigalway.ie
Please be reassured that the access team is here to help where possible. We will respond to your query as soon as possible. If you need to contact a member of staff urgently in the Access Centre, please email email@example.com
Queries from prospective Mature Students interested in full-time undergraduate study:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Zoom appointment or email for advice and information on applying for a full-time degree as a Mature Student. Mature Students Guide and Entrance assessment information at www.nuigalway.ie/mature
- The Accommodation and Welfare team assist you to find advice and support on accommodation and financial matters.
- To contact us in Accommodation and Welfare please click here.
- We are available from Monday – Friday (10 am – 12.30 and 14.30 – 16.00)
- The Chaplaincy service offers pastoral care, welfare support and spiritual guidance to the students and staff of NUI Galway.
- The Chaplaincy Service is available to support students and staff remotely during normal working hours and outside of working hours, when required. However, we are available to continue to meet students to deal with an urgent or emergency situation. We can be contacted as follows:
Fr Ben Hughes, Chaplain
T: 087 203 7538
Jimmy McGovern, Seas Suas Manager
T: 083 062 6898
The Career Development Centre aims to provide a quality career guidance and information service focused on facilitating and empowering you to manage your own career development and make effective career transition.
Staff from the Career Development Centre are available for initial queries via email and phone or in person, and appointments are available in person or via MS Teams. We recommend you contact us as follows:
· If you are a student send your query on Careers Connect and one of the team will get back to you
· If you are a student on placement email your query to email@example.com and your Placement Officer will respond
· For general queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Register on Careers Connect to keep up-to-date on events including career, skills, Employability Award and Employer events
- You can consult with a member of the NUI Galway counselling service for any issue. We provide skilled listeners who have experience dealing with all the challenges students encounter
- NUI Galway Student Counselling is continuing to operate, remotely online or by phone.
- For enquiries or to set up an online/phone assessment please email: email@example.com
If you are in crisis or at serious risk of self-harm contact the following supports:
- Your own GP or local A&E Emergency Department
- University Hospital Galway Emergency Department: (091) 544544
- The Samaritans: 116 123
- Pieta House: 1800 247 247
- Text 'NUIG' to 50808 to access 24/7 crisis text support: More info here
Contact the Disability Support Service and access disability-related support in person or remotely via email and MS Teams.
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, you can email your Disability Advisor (as detailed on your LENS report)
• If you are a student who is already registered with the Disability Support Service, and you require assistive technology support, you can email your Assistive Technology Officer
• If you are a student who wishes to register with the Disability Support Service, you can complete our online registration form
• For all other disability support-related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find email and telephone contacts on the International Office website
- Log any requests or issues at https://servicedesk.nuigalway.ie
- Email email@example.com
- Call the ISS Service Desk phone number (091) 495777
- Click here for info on accessing University IT Services from off-campus
The SocsBox is contactable by email:
- You can join Societies by logging into your student account on yourspace.nuigalway.ie
- Society banking online will be facilitated remotely. Society information will be on www.socs.nuigalway.ie.
- www.nuigstudents.ie will be updated regularly with news on extracurricular activities
- New patients must first register online here
- Appointment requests can be completed online here
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have a query relating to COVID-19, please read our COVID advice here
- Repeat prescriptions can be requested online here
- For any URGENT medical issues or concerns during daytime hours, please phone 091-492604 to speak directly to a member of reception staff
- Services are provided from 9.15am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday ONLY. For any Urgent/Emergency issues out-of-hours, please phone 091-492604 for details of out-of-hours arrangements.
- Student Registration Hotline: Contact us for all your registration queries at +353 91 493 999.
- Email queries: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org