Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Supports for Female Staff
University of Galway offers a wide variety of supports to women returning to their careers after leave. Outlined below are a number of supports available
Mentorship and Coaching
- Aurora – Women’s Leadership Development Programme
- Vista ProgrammeVista Programme
- Institutional Mentorship Scheme open to all staff
- Institutional Coaching Scheme open to all staff
- Performance for Growth
Maternity/Carer’s Leave Supports
- Up to €10,000 to support all academic grades to re-engage with their research upon returning from long-term leave
- Available on an ongoing basis all year round
- Non-competitive grant
- Academic staff who took an extended period of leave connected with caring with a grant of €5,000
- To help mitigate the impact of extended leave on research activities
- In 2020/21, eligibility was extended to PD Researchers/Research Fellows
- Competitive grant
- €3,000 for female SLs to consolidate research development
- Phase 2 of the Promotions Project
4. Training for Line Managers
- Managers Matter: Leading Modern Families which helps managers to support staff going on/returning from maternity or carer's leave and staff with caring responsibilities
5. Support for those returning from maternity/adoptive leave
- Maternity Matters: Return to Work- A workshop to assist with the transition back into the working environment after maternity/adoptive leave.
Career Development and Promotion
- 8-10 week programme, about 30-40 minutes a week.
- Participants engage in a small roundtable group either online or blended and complete a 8-10 part leadership development programme covering several values.
- Bitesize Learning Sessions: Teamwork
- Bitesize Learning Sessions: Strength Based Coaching
- Bitesize Learning Sessions: IT Shortcuts and Tools
- MS Teams / One Drive / SharePoint Training
- A funding programme to which staff can apply for support when undertaking a part-time programme of study.
- A certain number of courses will have fees waived for staff. Applicants should apply to their course of choice first, before applying for FEP support – to ensure a space is held on your chosen course. Once FEP funding has been approved, the staff member can then confirm their place on their course. If a place has not been reserved and the course is full then FEP approval can be carried over to the following year (provided that it is the same course).
- Applying for a course and applying for FEP funding are two separate processes. Approval for FEP support does not guarantee a place on a course.
- Certain programmes have a limit on numbers so may operate on a first come/first served basis.
4. LinkedIn Learning Content Recommendations
Using a job search agent successfully
Using a jobs list
The state of job search today
The top five job search tips
Helpful resources for remote job searching
Stay motivated in your job search
Search for jobs
The job search
How informational interviews fit into the job search process
How to apply for jobs online
How to personalize a job application
Your CV layout
Creating a great resume
Update your CV or résumé
US CV (curriculum vitae)
Other CV types
Always have your resume/CV ready
The fundamentals of an awesome resume
Resume formats & layout
Crafting a cover letter
Writing a cover letter
Writing resumes and cover letters
How to write an effective cover letter
The resume and cover letter
The anatomy of a killer cover letter
Other CV types
Preparing for interview
Prepare for the interview
Preparing for the interview
Prepare for a formal interview
Prepare for your job interview
Facilitating focus groups and interviews
Preparing for interviews across print/online/blog
Improve your verbal presentation skills
Communication skills for the phone
The resilience mindset
Resilience in life and work
The importance of resilience
The six resilience pillars
How to develop resilience
Start your resilience journey
How resilient are you?
Building in resilience
Tips for main
Information on how to access LinkedIn can be found here.
5. Big Interview provides a full training course and powerful A.I. practice tool to help you create the best possible interview answers as well as a good interview presence.
- This tool was actually developed for students at University of Galway, but it is really excellent.
Launch of the Aurora Alumni Network 14th Nov 2023
The Aurora women’s leadership programme celebrated its ten-year anniversary this year. To mark this momentous occasion, and the fact that over 100 women from University of Galway have now completed the Aurora programme, we launched the University of Galway’s Aurora Alumni Network.
Nov 7th 2023
Launch of the Annual EDI Report 2022-23
Oct 18th & 19th 2023- Dr Kim Young-McLear
We welcome Dr. Kim Young-McLear to speak at the Annual Sheehy Skeffington distinguished Lecture 2023 and also at the World Cafe event.