University of Galway - China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship for PhD Study 2023-2024
Up to 12 PhD tuition-fee waivers from University of Galway with no subject restrictions.
CSC will cover the living costs and flight tickets.
This funding is available to students undertaking full-time Ph.D. study.
This funding is available to students with a Chinese passport.
Candidates must meet the academic requirements for admission to the doctoral programme in University of Galway.
The deadline for applications to the University of Galway (step 3) is 5pm February 24th 2023
1. The scholarship applicant needs to find a supervisor who, following a discussion, is willing to supervise the student on condition that he/she is awarded a CSC scholarship. Applicant searches for a potential project supervisor via FindaSupervisor online, or other mechanism.
2. The applicant and supervisor work on a project plan. Research Plan Template
3. The supervisor applies to the College on behalf of the student by e-mailing the Research Plan Template, with subject title ‘CSC Scholarship application’, to
- CASSCS: email@example.com
- CBPPL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMNHS: email@example.com
- CSE: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. University of Galway CSC scholarship committee evaluates the candidates and ranks them in priority order. The successful candidate will receive a conditional offer from the College by March 8th 2023.
5. Supervisor provides the selected applicant with the supervisor 1-page CV
6. The applicant translates Research Plan into Chinese.
7. All documents to be signed by the supervisor and returned to the applicant for submission to CSC.
8. The applicant makes application through the CSC portal: http://apply.csc.edu.cn/, selecting University of Galway from the list of Institutions. CSC Scheme opens for applications from 10th March 2023 and closes for applications on 31 March 2023.
9. CSC announces the final successful candidate list in June 2023.
10. Successful candidate applies for admission to PhD programme at the University of Galway.
11. Supervisor completes QA203 to request a fee waiver for successful candidate.
12. Student commences PhD studies at University of Galway in September.
If you need more information in Chinese about University of Galway-CSC scholarship, please download our flyer here.
Global Partnership Manager (East Asia and South East Asia)