Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni & Friends
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
You can apply for the Irish Studies, Irish Language, Ecology and Business & International Management summer schools through our Online Application Portal. The online application portal will open for applications on the 1st November 2023 and will close on the 30th April 2024.
Applicaton to the Archaeological Schools is direct to the individual school. Click on the relevant school for more details on their application procedures, application deadlines and relevant information: Achill Archaeological Field School, Caherconnell Archaeological Field School, Galway Archaeological FieldSchool.
Applications tips for the Online Application Portal
- Check out the entry requirements for your course. These are listed under the Key Facts tab on the individual course webpages.
- Check out the closing date for the course. The closing dates for the Irish Studies, Irish Language, Ecology, Business & International Management are typically in late-April each academic year. Applications for the Archaeological Schools are conducted through the schools directly and have individual deadlines that vary each year - please ensure you refer to the course pages for all relevant information on the closing date specified and make sure that you adhere to this deadline.
- Have all your Supporting Documents ready to upload with your application. You will be requested to submit these throughout your application process.
- Go to the Online Application Portal and create an account. You will need an active email account to create an account and to use the application system. You will be guided through the system, step by step, until you complete the online form. For step-by step instructions, please refer to our Application Guide.
- Read carefully and answer all the application questions correctly, as per the Application Guide. Please pay particular attention to the following steps:
For Irish Studies and Ecology applicants, please ensure you include the names of your module choices in the relevant section – Irish Studies applicants must choose 2 modules in the offering (see course modules for details), while Ecology applicants must indicate their module choices in order to establish their arrival & departure dates.
Please ensure that your name matches your Proof of Identification documentation uploaded.
In the “Fee Information” section, enter “No” under both the below questions – this is one of the standardised questions on all NUI Galway application forms. It does not have an implication on Summer School applications are costs are fixed.
Evidence of your GPA is a mandatory requirement for the Summer School application process. Please indicate your score on the form as below and prepare your proof of GPA to be uploaded as Supporting Documentation at the end of the process.
The section on Second Level School Details and External Awards/Other Relevant Qualifications are not required as part of the Summer School application and should be skipped on the form.
Please ensure that you refer to the English Language Requirements if you are applying from a non-English speaking region.
Work Experience is not relevant to Summer School admissions so is not required.
- Upload a copy of all official documents into the relevant sections in the tab called Upload Supporting Documents Page. This section will only become visible once you have ‘submitted’ your application. Once all the documents are uploaded, your application status should change to ‘completed’.
- Ensure you get a confirmation email to notify you that your application is complete when you upload all mandatory documentation. When you log into the portal, the status on your application should read ‘completed’.
BEST OF LUCK!
How to Accept or Decline an offer of a place?
Congratulations, you have been made an offer for your part-time course via the online application system. If you intend to accept/decline the offer, please read the information below.
To accept or decline a firm offer of your place, you will be required to:
- Please confirm acceptance/non-acceptance of the offer via the online system by clicking ACCEPT or DECLINE in the relevant section.
What do I do if I have a problem with my application?
If you have an issue with or question regarding your application, contact the course administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.