Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Important Scholarship Information
Issuing of Temporary Personal Public Service Number (PPSN)
Our office will provide a temporary Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) to Scholarship applicants who have applied for an official PPSN and await confirmation of this from the Department of Social Protection, to enable the student to complete the online form. The evidence required is a letter or email correspondence from the Department of Social Protection confirming their application. Should you require a temporary PPSN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, along with copy of evidence of application. The student should immediately contact our office with confirmation of their official PPSN via email to, email@example.com .
Our office will also provide a temporary PPSN to Scholarship applicants to enable the student to complete the online form and request payment of fees prior to registration if they are not yet on-campus or in Ireland. Should you require one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . The student should immediately secure an official PPSN upon arrival in Ireland and provide our office with this via email to, email@example.com, to enable us to set up payment of the students Stipend.
Please note, the student will also require an IBAN account (NUI Galway now accept payment via SEPA, Revolut and Wise accounts) in order to complete the online form for fee(s) payment. Here is a link to Payroll's webpage, detailing acceptable bank accounts.
- Completed Scholarship forms must be emailed by the Agresso Budget Holder to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The table below outlines the dates for submission of forms and payment dates for funded Scholarship students.
Please note, correctly completed Scholarship Forms must be received by the Research Accounts Office no later than the 7th of the month, except for *December, in order to ensure payment within that calendar month. Forms correctly completed and received after the 7th, or after 1st December, will be processed for payment the following month.
|Month||Submission Deadline||Payment Date|
|January 2022||7th||24th January|
|February 2022||7th||21st February|
|March 2022||7th||24th March|
|April 2022||7th||22nd April|
|May 2022||7th||24th May|
|June 2022||7th||23rd June|
|July 2022||7th||22nd July|
|August 2022||7th||24th August|
|September 2022||7th||23rd September|
|October 2022||7th||24th October|
|November 2022||7th||23rd November|
|December 2022||1st* Please note early submission date||Date to be confirmed.|
Additional Information for students
- Forms can not be submitted without a PPS number and/or an Irish Bank Account or SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) Bank Account (which includes a BIC and IBAN). SEPA is made up of the Eurozone, countries within the EU and a few other countries which also support EUR bank transfers.
- If a student is full-time registered at another Educational Establishment then a letter of Proof of Registration from that University is needed to accompany the Scholarship forms at the time of submission covering the period in which the student is visiting the NUI Galway campus.
- The Student signature required for the Revenue Declaration Form must be an original signature.
- For further information see the Payroll & Expenses Office regarding scholarship payment information
Additional Information for Budget Holders
- The Budget Holder must ensure sufficient funds are available in the account to cover the duration of the Scholarship. This can be reviewed in the most recent Labour Commitment file for the Research Account.
- The end date of the Scholarship cannot extend beyond the end date of the Research Account.