Name Changes

If you wish to change your name on the Student Records of NUI Galway, please complete the  Online Change of Name form‌ and submit it, along with the necessary documentation as instructed on the form.

*This form is to be used only for name change requests where the new name can be verified by supporting documentation i.e. birth certificate, passport, sworn affidavit/deed poll. Without supporting documentation, name changes cannot be made on the University Student Records system.

For more information on the potential implications of a Name Change to your email address please visit the ISS webpage.

 For more information about how to check your new email address, please visit the ISS Email Services webpage.

* If you are already a graduate of another NUI University, we will inform the NUI of the name change and your central NUI data will also be updated

Online Change of Name Form

Foirm Athraithe Ainm

Information for Students who are Gender Transitioning

The University has a Gender Identity and Gender Expression Policy which you should review –

you can find it on the policy page here:


If you wish to change your name and gender and you have legal documentation of that change

(Deed Poll, GRC) please follow the normal SID route via the change of name form.

 If you wish to change your name and gender and you do not have legal documentation you will need to contact the

Office of the Vice President for Equality and Diversity to discuss your options Aoife Cooke, Head of Equal Opportunities.

Aoife Cooke can be contacted confidentially: or 091495408

Address Changes

Your term address you can be updated online via MyCampus

Your home address can be updated as follows;

  1. Call to the Student Registry Helpdesk front desk where one of the Helpdesk Staff will update your address change as you wait.
  2. Email  stating your ID number, your old address and your new address.