Tax residents will already have the following:

  • Irish PPS number (Personal Public Service Number)
  • Registered with Revenue myAccount - In this case payroll will notify Revenue that you have commenced working with University of Galway which will allow University of Galway to receive your tax details from Revenue OnLine. If this is your second or multiple job you can split your tax details between jobs as outlined here.
  • SEPA Bank Account - Each employee should provide SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) bank details which includes a BIC and IBAN. Revolut bank details are suitable as they include a BIC and IBAN. SEPA is made up of the Eurozone, countries within the EU and a few other countries which also support EUR bank transfers. The full list can be found here.